Saturday, February 03, 2007

To Hold You Over ...

While I continue to work on my next big entry, "The 2007 SEC East is a Five Horse Race," I will leave you with a video of Tennessee's latest verbal commitment, running back Lennon Creer out of Tatum, TX.
He looks like a player, which sounds dumb, but you can just tell ...

This kid could very well be everything you ever want in a back. He's 6'1", and anywhere from 190-202 pounds, depending on whether you trust Scout or Rivals. He is reported on Rivals to run a 4.47 40 yard dash, and a 4.5 on Scout. His running style reminds me of Marshawn Lynch out of Cal. Both run a little too upright, allowing more abuse on every run. Creer breaks tackles, has great vision, especially when he needs to cutback. His speed could be "suspect" but he seems fast enough in his highlights. I think he might push for carries in 2007, and if Montatio Hardesty doesn't mature as we all expect, Creer could be #2. Sadly, the carries for Arian Foster could end up at zero. Creer should be the thunder to LaMarcus Coker's lightning. I haven't been this excited about a stable of UT running backs since Lewis/Henry/Stephens.


No comments: